Is the Service-Aware CMDB Dead?
The CMDB is supposed to be the central repository of information regarding the services that the IT organization provides and the associated CIs that comprise/support the services. Despite its importance, only about 1% of the services in large IT organizations are modeled and populated into a CMDB. This undermines the original value of implementing a CMDB. In this webinar we cover the following important topics:
- Why do so many Service-Aware CMDB initiatives fail? This would include a discussion on the processes, teams and tools you need to have in place to build and maintain a Service-Aware CMDB.
- The technological challenges that new dynamic environments pose to a CMDB implementation.
- How to build effective service configuration models that deliver the value promised by the CMDB, including discussions on following topics:
- How to discover and maintain Configuration Item (CI) relationships while minimizing manual effort.
- How to exploit the fully populated service configuration models in the CMDB to achieve strategic Business Service Management.
- How to create and maintain service configuration models in a dynamic virtualized cloud environment.
Watch Ariel Gordon of Neebula Systems and the former CTO of BMC Software discussing this challenging topic in this recorded webinar
Please register to watch the webinar recording: